Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rev. Jesse Jackson calls for boycott of Seinfeld DVD Box set due to Michael Richards racist rant


Oh...you just new this was going to
happen... is this really news??? What would have been news is if the Rev. Jesse Jackson didn't call for a boycott.

Anyway everyone has put their two cents worth in on this except for yours truly it seems so here we go.


Do I think Michael Richards is a racist? I don't know... I don't know Michael Richards. I do know what he said was racist and completely inappropriate regardless of how stressed out or angry he was at some hecklers.

Those comments should never have been used, and I believe that educated people, no matter of what race they come from, do not use racial slurs in their vocabulary no matter how aggravated they get.


Of course all of this made me realize there really is no word that offends me the way racial slurs can offend some people. For one I don't get offended, I don't have the time to be offended. I have better things to do with myself than walk around offended.

Oh wait...Now that I think of it, there is one thing I guess you could call me that would make me grind my teeth...

DEMOCRAT!!!

No comments: