Thursday, October 04, 2007

Voter I.D. Law to be decided by Supreme Court

The Supreme Court has agreed to hear arguments early next year on whether or not voter ID laws should be allowed. The law in challenge is from Indiana and requires voters to show a photo ID before being allowed to cast a vote. The state says they do this to prevent voter fraud. Makes sense to me…

Of course Democrats says it targets the poor and minorities who predominately vote Democrat…not making to much sense to me…

Anyways, Bill Groth is the attorney representing the Indiana Democrat Party. He says, "The court has over and over stressed that the right to vote should be protected, and any state law that burdens that right should be carefully and meticulously reviewed."

I wonder if Mr. Groth can show me the part in the U.S. Constitution that protects the right to vote in a federal election? He can’t folks, because it isn’t there. There is no right to vote in any federal election under our constitution. You don’t believe me, go ahead try to find it for yourself.

No comments: