Monday, April 16, 2007

I've been gone, but I am back.

Wow, it has been a while since I last posted anything and I apologize to my faithful readers and fans for my absence.

I truly did not intend for my absence on my blog to last as long as it did, but preperations for deployment to Afghanistan ate up most of my time. I actually had some things ready to post toward the end of January, but I cracked the monitor on my Sony VAIO before that happened.

What a nightmare that became. I broke my laptop on Jan. 23 and went to get it fixed the next day. I still do not have my laptop! I quickly found out that getting a replacement monitor was not as easy as I or the repair shop thought it would be.

I was told by the repair shop that it should only take about a week to replace it. A week went by, no monitor...two weeks no monitor.

So, I remind the repair shop that I am deploying in a week and if they are not going to be able to have it repaired by then I need to know now. They reassure me it will be repaired by then.

Three days before we deploy still no laptop. So, I finally decide to go and buy a new laptop.

I finally get the phone call that tells me my laptop is ready for pick up while on a bus to Baltimore to board a plane for Afghanistan.

Talk about timing!!! Anways, I had a friend go pick the laptop up and he is going to mail it to me. So, I will have two laptops in Afghanistan.

The Sony VAIO is a great laptop, but expensive and takes time to fix, I guess...but that is why I have not been here. I am back and ready to blog from Afghanistan, and I have a lot to say.

Where to start??? How about some Country Boy Random Thoughts?

No comments: