Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Forget about Freddie, give me Huckabee...


I have been trying to figure out just whom I want for the GOP presidential nomination. I was highly impressed with Mike Huckabee after the first presidential debate, but then Fred Thompson entered the race.

It has pretty much been a toss up for me between those two, with me leaning towards Thompson. I have really just been waiting for Thompson to say something clear about if he is going to support the FairTax or not. That became clear as the blue sky on Sunday as Thompson laid out his tax plan on “Fox News Sunday”


Thompson tax proposal would allow Americans to choose a simplified tax system with only two rates of 10 percent or 25 percent. The plan keeps the IRS intact unlike the FairTax and allows filers to remain under the current tax code or use the flat tax rates.

I agree this plan would be simpler than the current system, but the FairTax would be even more simplified. It eliminates the IRS and replaces it with a national sales tax, no more invasion of privacy to personal information, no more forms to fill out in April, and you get to keep your whole check on payday. It doesn’t get any simpler, does it? Learn more about the FairTax here.

So, Huckabee supports the FairTax, Thompson doesn’t. Forget about Freddie give me Huckabee.

Of course there is still plenty of time for me to change my mind…hmmm. I have never had this hard of a time picking a candidate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike Huckabee???? Mike Huckabee is just another right winged bible thumping, gun toting redneck! Haven't we had enough of that for 8years now...Give me Mitt Romney not Mike HuckaBILLY...