Monday, June 25, 2007

Dale, Say it aint so! Jr. Goes to Hendrick Motorsports!


Since the founding of NASCAR there has always been an Earnhardt driving in it, and as long as I have been a fan, which is as far back as I can remember, I have always been a fan of the man in the black number 3. Except when he drove the Wrangler car, but I don't remember to many of those days.

Since the death of Dale Earnhardt Sr. I naturally started to root for his son. What can I say the Earnhardt name holds a special place in my racing blood.

However, over the years, the true die hard love that I had for his father never materialized in the support of his son.

In fact in recent years I find myself pulling for both Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Of course being an Earnhardt fan, Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson are the two drivers I dislike the most! Especially Jeff Gordon.

So, you can imagine my excitement when it looked as if Jr. may be going to Joe Gibbs racing to team up with Tony Stewart, and then the agony when Dale Earnhardt Jr. shocked the NASCAR world officially announcing he will drive for Hendrick Motorsports...

Say it ain't so Jr! Damn...

Never in my life did I ever think this could happen. I mean what am I suppose to do with the #8 sticker in the back window of my truck and the Calvin and Hobbs relieving himself on #24!

There on the same team now, but I just can't get myself to even begin to like Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson.

So, the name Earnhardt will still hold a special place in my racing blood, and in NASCAR, but it looks like I will be rooting for Tony Stewart on Sundays now...

No comments: