Monday, November 28, 2005

Black Friday Shopping Turns To Violence.

It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas... Or Maybe Not... Has our society lost site at the meaning of Christmas?


This picture is from a Wal-Mart in Grand Rapid Michigan. People were trampled and injured when a human stampede occured as the doors opened.

Is this what the Christmas Spirit has become? Is this what our society has become? Have we become a society of modern day savages that looses all respect and dignity for our neighbor over a freakin $300 laptop at Wal-Mart?

Of course this is why I don't fight the craziness the day after Thanksgiving. Their is nothing inside any store that is worth all of this madness. I will continue to shop online.

Here is a series of photographs captured by Sun-Sentinel photographer Mike Stocker and can be found after the jump.

It took place at the entrance of a BrandsMart in Sunrise, Florida.

This poor 72 year old woman fights these savages until they finally just push her down and then step over the top of her.

Josephine Hoffman, the injured shopper said, "I was trying to get out of the way, but they knocked me down. I hit my head on the floor, and people stepped on me," she said. "I don't understand why people do these things."

This is just simply unbeleivable. It is almost like watching the decadence of civilization right before our eyes.

What ever happened to respecting your elders. I guess the me me me society has forgotten all about that.

Christmas is suppose to be the celebration of the birth of Christ. It is suppose to be about helping your fellow neighbor in the image of Christ.

It's not about being selfish, and looking out for number one, and loosing all respect for man kind as we see here.

Of course these actions should come as no suprise when we live in a society that is trying to and is successfully removing the morals of Christianity from it.

We have kicked prayer, the ten commandments and God out of public society. In doing so this is the society we have ended up with.

Check out this website for more info on the Black Friday Madness:

Here are some links to other Black Friday stories: The Box Tank

Wal-Mart shopper injured as people rush into store [WKYC.com]

Two Wal-Mart shoppers injured in trampling [WWMT]

R.I. Police Quell Angry Shoppers [The Boston Channel]

Pushing, Shoving Outside West Boylston Wal-Mart [CBS4 Boston]

Shopping scuffle at Wal-Mart draws police [nj.com]

Man injured in fall during Black Friday shopping [WOODTV.com]

No comments: