Thursday, May 24, 2007

Comming Memorial Day: MTCW Tribute to Veterans Special

Comming Memorial Day: My Ten Days with the 1/508th PIR, 82nd Airborne Div.
I am finishing up writing my first hand account of my time spent and what I witnessed while with the elite group of Paratroopers from the 1/508th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 82nd Airborne Division.
I have decided to post it on Memorial Day with the MTCW Tribute to Veterans Special. It will consist of no news or politics, nothing but tributes to Veterans of the present and past.
I thought it would make a nice tribute to the Paratroopers of the present and those of the past.
The current Paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division continue to make the Paratroopers of the past proud by living up to their "All The Way" motto in the Taliban strongholds of southern Afghanistan.
I will take you there with there remarkable story of courage, honor, bravery and duty.
Photo Information: A Paratrooper from 3rd plt. Co. A, 1/508th PIR, 82nd Airborne Division on patrol as the sunrises in the Sangin Valley of Southern Afghanistan. The Sangin Valley is one of the heaviest poppy producing regions in the world and has a reputation as a drug lord, Taliban and al Qaeda stronghold making it one of the most dangerous places for U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan. U.S. Army Photo by Sgt. Tony J. Spain, 22nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment.

No comments: